Vegan Thai Tea Ice Cream


 

I was able to find Thai Tea bags at my Asian grocery store. My one modification was I left the tea inside the bags so I would not need to filter out the loose leaves. I also took the tea bags out right before putting it in the fridge overnight.  

Vegan Thai Tea Ice Cream (~from Happily Edible After)

Ingredients

2 cans unsweetened coconut milk (full fat)

heaping 1/2 cup of cane sugar

big pinch of salt

4 single bags of Thai tea (about 1/3 cup loose tea)

 

Directions

Shake up coconut milk in cans, then open cans and empty into a medium sauce pan. Whisk well to blend. Add sugar, salt and loose Thai tea.

Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool. Pour mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.

The next day, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer and spin in an ice cream maker (I love my bright orange one from Cuisinart!) (did not need to strain)

Place in a container and freeze until ready to serve.


Comments